The School of Electric Engineering & Automation has an immediate vacancy for an experienced ESP instructor to work with our control systems (industrial automation) undergraduate students.
The course offers instruction in language techniques that will permit our graduates to consult technical literature, conduct research, or communicate in English in their upcoming careers. At the same time, it aims to brush up on critical occupational skills such as info-sourcing, note-taking, focus reading, reporting, compiling a presentation, working in teams, datasheet skimming/scanning, etc.
The successful candidate will have the ability to engage our year three and year four students in a workshop style program that prioritizes real-world issues over theory, built around topics chosen from one or more of the following areas: motor controls, switchgear, relays, power electronic controls, transducers and sensors, robotics, control interfaces, etc.
What we expect from you:
- a genuine interest in your work
- to be comfortable with basic concepts and terminology employed in the industries mentioned above
- 4+ years of combined work experience
- 2+ years experience teaching Chinese undergraduate university students
- sound classroom management skills
- clear and intelligible spoken English
- to be well organized, with above average reporting abilities
- to understand the challenges of living and working in a foreign culture
- a proven background in any of the above fields would be a definite asset although not mandatory
What we offer:
- an up-front, transparent and professional profile throughout your employment
- competitive remuneration
- performance bonuses
- very comfortable campus accommodation in a laid-back semi-rural setting
- full support in obtaining/renewing your work visa
- health insurance
In compliance with government regulations of the People’s Republic of China, Fujian Province and Xiamen Municipality, we require that all applicants:
- hold a tertiary education degree from an accredited institution in their respective countries
- abide by Chinese laws and refrain from any political or religious activity for the duration of their employment
- are in good health and able to pass a physical examination as specified by the Xiamen Quarantine Bureau
We thank you for your understanding.
Please email your application and résumé with scans of your degree and passport photo page to
*While we thank all those who apply, only qualified candidates will be contacted.